Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tropical Pancakes

The kids asked for pancakes this morning, so I dug out a recipe I have for banana pancakes.  I had a fresh pineapple and looking at it got me to thinking about a pina colada bread recipe that I have.  So I winged it and came up with this:

1/4 C all-purpose flour
1/2 C whole-wheat flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C finely shredded, unsweetened coconut
1 egg
1 1/2 C buttermilk + enough milk to get desired consistency
3 Tbsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
Thinly sliced banana
Diced fruit of choice (I used pineapple and strawberries - mango would have been good)


In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.  




Add coconut.




In another bowl, combine egg, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla.  




Add wet ingredients to dry, adding more milk if necessary.




Pour batter, 1/4 C at a time, onto greased nonstick griddle or frying pan.  Scatter three to five slices of banana onto each pancake and cook until edges look dry, 3 to 4 minutes.  




Flip and cook until browned on the bottom, 3 or 4 minutes longer.




Serve immediately with diced fruit and syrup.



 



I'm linking up to Tasty Tuesdays over at 33 Shades of Green.

2 comments:

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover