Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pizza Night

Memorial Day weekend is supposed to consist of BBQs, kids with chalk, fun cocktails for the parents, and all around, lounge in the sun, lazy days.  I'm pretty sure it didn't make it past 55 degrees today.  Boooooo.

The Dad headed out this morning for his grilling paraphernalia.  He came home with a bubble machine, (totally random), corn on the cob and rib-eyes.  Yum.  Except, as I mentioned, it was cloudy.  And cold.  And neither one of us could get motivated enough to bundle up and stand around a grill.

So after watching two hours of cooking shows on PBS, (no, we don't have cable - it was cut out of the budget when I got pregnant with The Kid - which means no HGTV and no Food Network - tragic, I know), it was 5:00 and I needed to come up with something that wasn't drive-thru.

After standing with the fridge and freezer open, staring as if the universe would suddenly speak to me, I pulled out leftover Greek salad,  cheese, meat, a half a jar of spaghetti sauce and three different kinds of bread.

Yep, pizza it is.

For both of the kids, I used a whole wheat pita flat bread.  The Girl's got marinara, pepperoni, tomato, white cheddar and feta. 


The Kid's was the same, minus the feta.

For The Dad, I used two mini pizza crusts, similar to Boboli, and added marinara, pepperoni, tomato and white cheddar on one. 


On the other I did marinara, salami, tomato and feta.


 
For mine, I used two pieces of naan bread, tomato and feta.  I put fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil on once it was cooked.




 Here it is on my plate.





Maybe the sun gods will win the arm wresting match and we'll get to those steaks tomorrow.


I'm linking up to Tasty Tuesdays.

 

6 comments:

  1. Gosh, this pizza photos make me hungry:) its lunch time in Australia!!!
    xoxo
    Marusya V
    http://crashingred.com
    p.s. Loving you blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marusya! If you were in the neighborhood, I'd whip ya up one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dad has one lucky stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, now I want breakfast pizza. Looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terry, now THAT sounds good! Bacon on it? Yes please.

    Alvarez, The Dad laughed at that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pizza is ALWAYS a winner for me! Yours looks awesome! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover