Sunday, May 8, 2011

Garden Candle Holder

Happy Mother's Day!  I've got another project to share.  I told ya I've been busy!

I was originally planning on giving this to my sister for Christmas, but I decided to wait for warmer weather so she wouldn't have to stash it somewhere for five months.  So I'm giving it to her today for Mother's Day instead.

This is the fastest, easiest project ever in history.  I bought an old glass, ceiling mount light shade at Goodwill.  You can find them anywhere, new or used.  Mine is sort of a 1970's amber color and it has a finial on the bottom.

I brought it home, dug through my stash and found some wire.  I rigged the wire around the top where it originally would have slid into the ceiling fixture.  I made sure it was secure and would hang straight.  Then I made a loop at the top for hanging it. 

I also bought a black iron bracket for hanging it on her fence or off the side of her house, but you could literally hang it anywhere.

If you're going to use a real candle, I would put it in a candle holder to set down inside the shade so you don't have a wax mess to clean up.  I stuck a battery operated pillar down inside this one.


Here it is hanging in my tree:





Here it is hanging on a shepard's hook:






I'm excited to see it lit up at night!  I think the wavy glass will be so pretty and should make cool reflections.  Now I want a whole bunch for my own yard!


I'm linking up to Nifty Thrifty Sunday over at Nifty Thrifty Things.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh I love this idea. This is so my decorating style! Looks beautiful. Found your blog on Thirfty Nifty Things..glad I stopped by :)

    -Linds
    Delighted Momma

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover