Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Treasure Box

Forever and a day ago, I was strolling through Etsy and I came across a wooden toy box.  The lid was a cut out of an owl.  I saved the picture in my idea file and pretty much forgot about it.  When I was trying to come up with an idea for a gift for my nephew, I came across the picture.  My sister's house is just as limited on space as ours, so I thought, why couldn't I make this on a smaller scale?  So that's just what I did.  The Dad built the box for me, I drew on the top, he cut that out, then I stained and painted everything.

I'm still on a borrowed computer, so I don't have any of the pictures I took of it.  But while we were over there for Mother's Day, I snapped a few.


Here it is in his room:




The eyes are the finger holes to lift the owl off.






The Dad's brother has twin boys and for Christmas, I decided to make two for them.  I didn't want to do the same thing, so I came up with a giraffe and a lion.  I never took pictures of them (stupid), so I had his wife email me one the other day.

Here they are:


Again, the eyes are the finger holes and just the face lifts off.




When I showed you the framed flower art I made the other day, I mentioned it was for my niece who turns one today.  I also made her one of the treasure boxes.


Here's the one for her:






Ooooh, treasures.  




Happy Birthday Baby Lylah! 








I'm linking up to Feature Friday over at Spunky Junky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover