Monday, May 9, 2011

Spoiled

Yes, that would be me.  I was spoiled on Mother's Day.  The Kids and The Dad both gave me cards and when I went to the kitchen to pour a cup of coffee, I looked out the window and saw this:


Ten bags of potting soil!!!!


Then he handed me a gift card to one of my favorite nurseries.  Yay!

I baked a dessert as my contribution to lunch (more on the dessert later) and then we headed over to my sister's house.

Lunch was super fantastic.  My sister made mango and pineapple mimosas, filo cups filled with blue cheese-pecan dip and diced pears, BLT's with basil mayonnaise, and spinach, strawberry, blue cheese and pecan salad with a vinaigrette dressing.

Here's some pics:










I know!  It was as good as it looks.

My mom was here the other day while I ran a few errands and she had the kids make me cards and decorate some paper flowers for a REALLY cute photo bouquet.  Here they are:


The Kid made this one.


The Girl made this one.


This one is from my mom.


Here's the "bouquet" they made.  Isn't it cute!?



My mom also got me a really cute pair of earrings and this Gerber daisy:


My sister and brother-in-law got me a "coupon" for a night of babysitting and a gift card to a restaurant I've been talking about going to for two years.  It's called The Cheese Bar.  Um, hello - clearly it was made for me.

We hung out there for most of the afternoon and then when we got home, the sun actually came out.  So this mom headed out to the dirt.

Our neighbors came by while I was out front working and brought me a plant, which was sooooo nice of them.  We're friendly with them, but don't see them all that often, especially when the weather isn't nice enough to be outside.  When they handed it to me, they said they think I'm doing a really good job being a mommy and just wanted to let me know that.  How sweet is that?!  Here's my new baby from them:


After playing in the dirt, I came inside and The Dad went and picked up Chinese take-out.  I spent the rest of the evening on the couch with three days worth of the newspaper.

Yep, pretty spoiled.  Hope everyone had a good Mother's Day too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover