I was a single mom all weekend. The Dad left me for "boy's weekend" from Friday morning till Sunday night. The first two days, surprisingly, weren't all that horrid. Well, last night with Baby sucked, but other than that, Friday and Saturday went fairly smoothly. Today was another story. I was tempted to put them all out on the curb with a free sign. It rained almost all day, so we were stuck inside. Baby refused to nap the entire day - in fact, she's still awake -and the kids played the, "I'm bored", card all day and voted me the worst mom in the world for not taking them out in the rain to ride their bikes. The Dad got home just in time.
Anyway, I decided to make a fun breakfast Saturday morning to
make time go faster
celebrate our alone time and this one fit the bill perfectly. It was
something out of the ordinary, but still super easy. The Girl actually
did quite a bit by herself, with supervision of course.
To get the full recipe, go here: Apple German Pancake
Here it is coming together at my house:
Hot out of the oven and ready to eat:
And on my plate:
Super easy and really yummy.
As for the latest menu, I still haven't gone grocery shopping. The Dad made a run before leaving for the weekend to stock us up on fruits and veggies, some meat that was on sale, plus a few random items, so I'm workin' with those things and whatever the pantry and freezer has to offer.
Several of these were from last week, but I figured I'd throw them in for those who are lookin' for meal plan inspiration.
- Guiness Beef Stew, Salad and Bread (this keeps getting rolled over)
- Baked Chicken Taquitos, Beans and Salad
- Buffalo Turkey Lettuce Wraps and Chili-Spiced Cheese Fries
- BBQ Country-Style Ribs, The Perfect Baked Potato and Roasted Cabbage
- Chicken Thighs (recipe yet to be determined), Oven-Roasted Cauliflower & Radishes with Tahini-Lemon Sauce and a Carb
- Orange Chicken (store-bought), Rice and Broccoli
- World's Best Minestrone, Salad and Bread
- Pineapple Chicken Curry and Steamed Rice
- Chicken with Lemon-Rosemary-Wine Sauce, Rice Pilaf and Oven-Roasted Asparagus
- Easy Lasagna, Salad and Bread