Thursday, April 4, 2013

End Of March In the Garden


Crud, we're already a week into April and I still have garden pictures from March I've yet to post.

So let's get too it, shall we?  I'll start in the front yard.


My favorite bulb is bloomin' its heart out.
Snowflake, or as I just learned from my mom, Leucojum.











The purple primroses in the wagon are pullin' their own weight right now, as well.
 


A little sparrow hit our window and was stunned for awhile, so I ran out and took some pictures of her before she got her bearings and flew off.




I'll never remember the name of this.
I think it starts with an A.


The volunteer pansies are poppin' up everywhere right now.




Violets, too.


The grape hyacinths are blooming now.





Another one of my hellebore.



The "Tina" rose is comin' on good.
It will be covered in black spot in a few weeks, but then it's healthy for the rest of the season.
It's swimming in a sea of marsh marigolds right now.
 

 
The flowering cherry is in full bloom and I LOVE it.
It's called Mt. Fuji.















I know, that was a lot of tree pictures, but I really do love it.
I haven't posted a whole lot of pictures of the view from the sidewalk, so here are some of those.









Here's that A plant again.
 

 
And peeking over the fence.





And a few more of the tree on a clear blue, sunny day.
Oh hush.






I just have a few from the backyard.
The kids and I planted some chard and cauliflower starts.



 St. Frances.




The wine bottle path.


More shots of the hellebore that you've already seen sixteen times.
I can't help it.




The first flowers on the epimedium.



A hebe that I'm super excited overwintered.


The broken crock.
 

And finally, I'll leave you with pictures of my mom's Easter basket this year.
Yes, it's too early for annuals, but they jumped right in my cart.
They probably won't do much till it warms up, but they're so dang pretty.







So long March, hello April.


6 comments:

  1. I just want to say that your garden took my breath away...I am speechless. It is so gorgeous I don't even know where to start...the photos just kept getting better and better! Cheers to you friend! You have such a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding???? Do you stay in this yard 24/7?? It is beyond beautiful!!! I really need to step it up--no, I'm way too lazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is just absolutely beautiful, Mindy. I am just in awe- you cook and garden beautifully! Those tree shots are really awesome, too. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that cherry tree is spectacular. If only you wouldn't have been so frugal with the photos of it lol. I would not be able to pass by your house without stopping to ogle. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? Every time I go catch up on blog reading, you're posting about your yard. I have serious flower envy right now - all of our plants/flowers are JUST starting to bud. Your yard looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a glorious place to be. So much beauty you have surrounded yourself with. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover