Monday, April 8, 2013

Lemon & Rosemary Chicken with Pinenut Rice Pilaf


I would like to generalize and say that most babies have some sort of a daily schedule.  They generally eat, sleep, hang out at approximately the same time every day.  My baby does not.  Yesterday she slept for a total of 20 minutes.  Today she took a five-hour nap.  When I lay her down, I have no clue whether or not she'll actually stay asleep or not. 

With that being said, there are a few days a week when I find myself on the couch with her around noon.  Praying she'll go down for a nap.  During that time lot, Rachel Ray and The Chew are on TV.  I flip back and forth between the two.  The other day, Rachel Ray was cooking this during the last 15 minutes that I happened to catch.  It looked and sounded yummy, and since I had most of the ingredients, I decided to give it a whirl.  It was really good.



I didn't have spring onions, so I subbed asparagus.  I didn't have orzo for the pilaf, but I had some tiny flower-shaped pasta, so I used that instead.  I also didn't have any artichoke hearts, so I just left them out.  Other than that, I pretty much followed the recipe.  You can find the whole meal, including a video, if that's what motivates you, here:  Lemon & Rosemary Chicken with Spring Onions, Rice Pilaf with Artichokes & Pine Nuts

Here's dinner coming together at my house:






 









Here's dinner on my plate:






Good stuff, kids.


Please check out my sidebar for the parties I link up to.


 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I mean you make food look so outstanding! This looks divine! And as for your sweet bean...I have the same kid over here! I have no idea when what where we will be from day to day! You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be so difficult for planning. Poor you. :( How you still manage to make these fabulous meals is beyond me. Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry the baby is not sleeping regular hours just yet--that's hard. but I love that you get to watch some fun cooking shows! This dinner looks great--gorgeous pictures. I want it to stop raining, so I can get back out in the garden.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover