Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pumpkin-Banana Bread

You're gonna wanna kiss me after you make this.  I'm not really a touchy-feely kinda person, so I'm kinda glad we're just online friends.



You know those gross, brown bananas you shoved in the back of your fridge to make something with?  This is that something.  Yeah, I know, you have a favorite banana bread recipe that's "the best."   This one is better.  Because.....pumpkin.


I ripped the recipe from a magazine, but have no clue which one. It could have been a month ago, or five years ago.  I recently went through my recipe stash to purge, and this one was saved. Thankfully.

Here's the recipe with my notes:

Pumpkin-Banana Bread
Printable Recipe
Makes 2 loaves
(I added pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg, to taste, and it made it deeeelicious.)

2 C sugar
1/3 C cooking oil
4 eggs
3 1/3 C all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon (I used quite a bit more)
1 tsp ground ginger
2/3 C water
1 15-oz can pumpkin
1/2 C mashed ripe bananas, about 1 large (I used 3 medium, so it came out to be a bit more)
3/4 C chopped pecans, toasted

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease the bottom and sides of two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans; set aside.

In a bowl, beat sugar and oil with an electric mixer on medium until combined.  Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.

In another bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, pumpkin pie spice, and nutmeg.  Alternately add flour mixture and water to the sugar mixture, beating after each addition.  Beat in pumpkin and banana.  Stir in pecans.  Spoon batter into prepared pans.

Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean.  Cool in pans 10 minutes.  Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.

I took one of the loaves to my sister's fall party. The other one stayed at home.  With me.  And my butter.





Delicious.
Moist.
Perfect for breaking off big hunks for breakfast.
And lunch.
And a snack before dinner.
It would be a great bread for Christmas gifts.
You could bake it in little dollar store tins and package it up like the ones I did for teachers and neighbors last year.


Or, leave both loaves on the counter and eat a slice, or three, for every meal.


Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.


6 comments:

  1. That looks so delicious. Love a good banana bread

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks REALLY good! REALLY good! My son loves banana bread and pumpkin bread-now I will try this for him and let you know how he likes it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. How in the world did I miss this one! I will be pinning this lady! Holy goodness! I hope that you have a spectacular weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a huge banana fan but pumpkin makes anything baked so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, yum, yum! I love the pumpkin banana combination. I bet it'd really be excellent with some chocolate chips too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly thought of throwing in a handful when I was stirring everything together. But then I would have felt just a wee bit guilty for eating it for every meal. :)

      Delete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover