Monday, November 14, 2011

Mini Pumpkin Pudding Pies

At the end of my Pumpkin Pie Pudding post last week, I mentioned I thought it would be good in little pie crusts.  We had a ton of pudding leftover, so that's what I made for the Duck's game on Saturday (which we won, by the way).

My plan was to make homemade crust that morning, but The Dad was running to the store for something, so I had him pick me up a box of store-bought.  Yeah, I cheated.

I rolled the dough out and used a cookie cutter to make circles.  I poked them down inside mini muffin pans and baked them according to the package directions.  With the scraps, I cut out mini leaves and acorns with more cookie cutters, sprinkled them with granulated sugar that I colored, and then baked them for about half the time as the crusts.

Once the crusts were completely cool, I filled them with the Pumpkin Pie Pudding.  Right before serving, I put a dollop of whipped cream and a mini leaf on top.

A store-bought box of two crusts and one batch of Pumpkin Pie Pudding will make 48 mini pies, with enough dough scraps to make leaf cut outs for decorating.

Here they are on the platter, ready to eat:








If you're a pumpkin pie fan, you'll inhale these.
SO easy and SO good.
Click here for the five-minute Pumpkin Pie Pudding recipe.

5 comments:

  1. If you make dough leaves and acorns,.. you CANNOT say that you cheated. Awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear I want one of those soooo bad! Just the right amount of crunch and smooth... I'm going to keep these in mind for the holidays. Yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really have been making a lot of pumpkin recipes lately! These are so pretty and really look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh this is the cutest thing ever.. THey would be perfect to make for thanksgiving.. I am your newest follower.. If you would like to check out my blog to that would be so great, and follow me back and facebook too. I will be doing free giveaways here shortly on clothing and mineral makeup :)

    -Thanks
    Brooke
    blushboutiquestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover