Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Pudding

Need a five-minute dessert recipe?  Here ya go.

The Kid made this in school a few weeks ago and when he brought home the recipe, he asked if we could make it together.  Who am I to say no to a five-year-old?  Well, when it comes to making something yummy to eat anyway.

Here's the recipe with my notes:

Pumpkin Pudding


1 15-oz can pumpkin or 2 cups cooked mashed squash, such as hubbard
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (there's a recipe on my It's Fall Y'all Pinterest board if you don't have any)
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 C low fat milk
1 small package instant vanilla pudding mix (I used a big box 'cause it's what I had)

In a large bowl, mix pumpkin, salt, and pumpkin spice together.
 

Slowly stir in milk and mix well.


Add instant pudding mix.


Stir for 2 minutes until it thickens.


Refrigerate until ready to use.


I took the bowl to my sister's with apples, pears, and graham crackers for dunking in it.
It tastes exactly like pumpkin pie.
I'm thinkin' I need to make some little pie crusts in my mini muffin pan and I can fill those with the rest.
Puff pastry cups would be really yummy too.
Of course, a spoon is always a good option as well.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh yummmm!!! I love all desserts containing pumpkin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell The Kid thanks for the great idea. My teenage son saw your pic and wants to make it for Thanksgiving dinner. Every year he makes his own dish for the family. I think he can handle this one, lol. He likes the idea of dunking graham crackers in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum!! Pumpkin pie without the hard part... The crust! deff trying it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this looks like something I could make! I love pumpkin and sweet potato pies (and though I've never done a side by side taste test, I really can't tell the difference). I like the idea of the mini-pies but I also like this for dipping fruit. I'll be taking this to an upcoming mom's night out.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover