Monday, November 21, 2011

Caramel Apple Waffles

How is it Monday already?

When The Kid crawled out of bed yesterday morning, the first thing out of his mouth was, I want waffles for breakfast.  Well good morning to you, too.

I didn't use a recipe, I just started out with your basic baking mix waffles.  Mix, eggs and milk.  Then I added cinnamon, allspice, cardamon, vanilla and a chopped up Granny Smith apple.  For the caramel, I had some leftover sauce in the fridge from this recipe.  I'm not typically a sweets for breakfast person, but these were friggin' good.  And so simple.

We had ours with scrambled eggs and sausage.

Here's breakfast on my plate:





Now I'm going to go have a small mental breakdown/anxiety attack over the fact that it's Thanksgiving week and my Christmas to-do's aren't organized in my head.  
Let alone on paper.
This is me going to have a date with a legal pad and a ball point pen.....

3 comments:

  1. I almost was going to laugh at your anxiety,.....but I subverted it. Now I'm just thinking about the waffles. Mmmmmm,....waffles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMMY - these look AMAZING.. LOVELY recipe.. I am your newest stalker.. Marilyn via http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com and stopping to say hello.. Lovely and creative blog you have here, hope you can stop in and visit me sometime.. WIshing you an amazing start to your weekend.. : ))

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dad over here made caramel apple pancakes last weekend and they were DIVINE!! Great minds think alike, huh?

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover