Friday, November 4, 2011

Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Butter & Sage

For those of you have kids, do you remember that stage of pregnancy when there were moments you'd swear you could fall asleep standing up?  I remember when I was pregnant with The Kid, there were a few days when I was sitting at my desk at work, using every ounce of strength I had not to fall asleep.  It's a feeling you can't explain, but if you've been there, you remember it.  It's almost uncontrollable.  Like what I imagine narcolepsy to be.  The point is, the last three days have involved that feeling.  That tiredness that is like no other tiredness you've ever felt.  It hit me shortly before I needed to head to the kitchen to start dinner tonight.  Perfect.  Needless to say, dinner was super easy and super quick.  But it was insanely good.  In fact, I had a nearly identical meal at my sister's just recently.  I wanted it again it was so dang good.

I had some fresh butternut squash ravioli from Costco.  I've eaten a lot of butternut squash ravioli in my life, but somethin' about these is so good.  They're almost sweet.  If you've been eyeballin' 'em, pick yourself up a package.  The downside is, the kids don't care for them.  Well, good for me, 'cause I get more to myself.  But I cooked up some regular noodles for them first, otherwise dinner would have been done even faster 'cause these only take about 4 minutes.

For the "sauce", I put a some butter in a saucepan and browned it.  While it was browning, I threw in some whole sage leaves and fried them up in it.  They get crispy and delicious.  That's it.  A drizzle of some good balsamic and a sprinkle of parm and you've got yourself dinner. 

I made a salad with spinach, pears, dried cranberries, candied walnuts and shaved Parmesan.  I used a poppyseed dressing I had in the fridge.  The salad was A-mazing, too.

A loaf of yummy, crusty on the outside, soft on the inside bread completed the meal.

Here's tonight's dinner:




 





Yeah, that was a really good dinner.
Now, I think I'm gonna go find that spot on the couch....

3 comments:

  1. Where can I find the recipe for the squash ravioli?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael, I'm sorry your comment didn't come into my inbox, so I'm just now seeing it. The ravioli was store-bought, but I'm sure if you were wanting to make some (YUM!!!) you could find recipes online.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover