Monday, November 10, 2014

Halloween Candy Cookie Bars

Still have a pile of Halloween candy sittin' around?  Make these.


I pawned most of them off on neighbor's, just to get some of the junk out of the house.  But I did have to leave a few at home, ya know, for quality control.


Super easy, super adaptable.  Not necessarily just for Halloween.  You could make them for any occasion and stick your favorite candy bar in.  


Instead of mashing the chopped up candy into the batter like the recipe called for, I used some Halloween chocolate chips.  I stirred in about a cup's worth, spread that out into the baking pan, then put the chopped up candy bars on top.


I used M&M's, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Peanut Butter Snickers, regular Snickers, and Baby Ruth.  It sounds like enough sugar to make you want to vomit in your mouth, but it really wasn't overwhelming.  Yes, they were rich, and you only needed one or two small squares, but they were really yummy.


I didn't even realize I never took any pictures of them baked, until I was going through my pictures.
Ah well, you get the idea.
Just imagine them a little less gooey.  :)

Here they are, ready for the oven, at my house:






Uh huh, that's good stuff right there, kids.
Bring on the sugar coma.

For the full recipe, go here:

Please note, these took waaaay longer to get done than the recipe says.
Like three times as long.  Not sure what the deal was, but I ended up cranking up the heat the third time I had to reset the timer.
Just FYI, if you have to go pick up the kids from school soon after putting them in the oven.
I had to pull them, run to school, then continue baking after I got home.
Who knows, maybe I didn't follow the recipe correctly.
In the end, they turned out perfect and were gobbled up with the quickness.


Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.


5 comments:

  1. Good good heavens!!! This is a dish of pure awesome if you ask me!!! What a great idea! They look amazing pal!! Wishing you a great day!!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy, those look SOOOOO good. What a great idea. I hate having Halloween candy lingering around for months on end. This is a good way to get rid of it fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome. I have trouble with a lot of baking recipes like that. I think something must be off with my oven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy!!! This is a great recipe for leftover candy! Wish I would have seen this before we gobbled ours up!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover