Thursday, August 6, 2015

The Parking Strip: 7/21/15

Still playing catch up.  I told myself I wasn't allowed to take any more photos in the yard, until I purged all the ones I already have.  This is the last of them.


The white Phlox down there was just starting to bloom.
I don't know the name of this one, but it's shorter than 'David.'


I finally ripped out the dang artichoke that hadn't done anything in two years.
I replaced it with a dahlia that wasn't doing anything in another part of the yard.


The 'Canary' Crocosmia was just starting to show color, as well.
I don't know if it had the wrong tag when I bought it, or if orange is the new yellow.




I guess compared to this really orange one, if you squint just right, it could be considered yellow.



I got a darker pink on one of the Gladiolas.


The red Lobelia is blooming.
I just put this in down there this year and it seems pretty happy.
I thought it might be too hot and dry, but it gets some shade from the Rose of Sharon tree, so I guess it's good to go.


The 'Autumn Joy' Sedum is starting to show color, and another one of the Four 'O Clocks I started from seed is blooming.






On the other side of the sidewalk, the Plumbago is blooming (early!) and the Vinca I stuck in earlier this summer is starting to take off.







The rest are pulled back shots of that side.
I added several more rocks, in an attempt to help with the dirt running straight off onto the sidewalk when I water.







Happy gardening!


5 comments:

  1. Hehe...can we see the landing strip next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen plumbago grown in mass before. Really pretty! It's hard to tell we've been short on moisture this year with how well your blooms are looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That plumbago would take over the world if I let it. I ripped out almost all of it earlier this summer, and it's already filled back in. If ya ever need a piece.... ;)
      By the way, your email blocks me. Anytime I comment on your posts, or try to reply to one of your comments, I get a message saying I was denied.

      Delete
  3. Who wouldn't want to park on the street? Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures make me so excited to visit next month. I imagine all the yards in Portland to look as pretty as yours. You take such care with all of your plants and flowers. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover