Monday, March 24, 2014

Tuna & Hummus Sammies

Leave it to Ina.  My sister has several of the Barefoot Contessa cookbooks and last time we were over there, she had one open to this page.  And it looked deeeelicious.  And I wanted it.  And then my BIL tagged me on Facebook in a photo of the version from their house.  And then I knew for sure it would be mine.


This is so easy, but it was super yummy.  The canned tuna I had was in water, so I used olive oil to make up for it.  I didn't have anything in my fridge with a cornichon label on it, so I used pickles, but I think next time I'll use capers.  Just 'cause I have a Costco-sized jar that I need more uses for.  Also, I bought the hummus instead of making it.  GASP.

The kids aren't super on board with tuna right now, so I made them grilled cheese.  The Dad and I tore up three of these each. Or was it four?  Let's say three, ahem.

You can get the recipe here:  Tuna & Hummus Sandwiches


Here's dinner on my plate:








I had hummus and some of the tuna mix leftover, so I used carrots, cucumbers and baby bell peppers, as dunkers for lunch the next two days.  
Yum!
Super easy, I-don't-feel-like-cooking busy weeknight meal.


Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.



1 comment:

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover