Monday, December 28, 2015

The Backyard: 12/27/15

We finally got snow.  Finally.  I never saw a single flake last year, so when the first speck of white came down on Sunday, I was beaming.  It only lasted a few hours, on and off, and barely stuck, but it was so beautiful coming down.  It's expected to be dry for the rest of the week, but I'm hoping we get another day or two of it before winter is over.


I hadn't been out in the yard with the camera in so long, so I figured it was about time.



I can't remember the name of this plant, (Art-something?), but apparently it's evergreen (grey).





The fire pit becomes a catchall for random perennial branches.


My little birdie got a dusting on his head.


All my little trees are bare, but several of the succulents are hangin' on through winter.



Isn't the lichen (?) on the stump so cool?




More grey leaves, this time from the Dusty Miller.


Solar path lights that I never hauled in.



The sad lookin' lawn, aka, mud pit.



It was pretty cool how the palm leaves held the snow.



And last, one of the best parts about being an Oregonian, mossy rocks.




And that's the extent of our snow day.



6 comments:

  1. I heard it was snowing up there yesterday. How exciting! I hoped the snow would make it our way but it was too warm. We'll probably have to take the kids up to the mountains to see the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I lived for over 55 years in the Northeast, where we routinely spent 3 or 4 months under several feet of snow. I hate snow. I'm always so amused at the reactions to it of people who've never lived with the stress and havoc it causes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Allison, I find it so amusing when people get such a kick out of getting snow. Probably because I have spent my whole life living in the snow belt of Northeastern Ohio and we get dumped on all winter. So far this winter has been unusual, we have yet to get pounded with snow. A whole lot of rain but not snow. I am sure that will be changing real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty snow photos, Mindy. It is lovely, isn't it? We just got rain here but I'm okay with that. I'm ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got snow before we did this year!!! We just got our first bit last night. Is the art plant artemisia? We have that in our garden though it isn't evergreen here, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover