Saturday, February 8, 2014

February Snow

I know this weather is old news for the rest of the country, but three days of non-stop snow in my hood is sort of a big deal.  It started on Thursday and is still snowing as I type.

The kids were let out of school early on Thursday, then no school on Friday, so we had a big snow day at our house with The Mom club and all the husbands and kids.  I'm a wuss, so I only went out long enough to get a few pictures and take one ride down the neighbor's driveway on the "torpedo."  Then it was Bloody Mary's, mimosas, hot chocolate with peppermint vodka, beer, homemade mead, and red wine for the rest of the day and into the evening. A big pot of spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner and chocolate no-bakes for dessert.  Gotta love snow days.

























It snowed all last night, so I headed out to the backyard this morning to take more pictures.












That's a lot of snow for us.
And it's still comin' down hot and heavy.
The kids are loving it.
We're still trying to figure out how, and if, we can get to a wedding reception this evening.
And as it stands, it looks like we'll be cancelling Baby's birthday party tomorrow.
Better safe than sorry.
Hope ya'll are warm and cozy in your neck of the woods.


Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.


5 comments:

  1. Awesome photos, Mindy! Your garden looks gorgeous in the snow!! My jaw dropped when I woke up and saw how much snow fell last night. I am not kidding you, we have almost a foot of snow outside. I do not want to lose our power when the snow turns to freezing rain - I'm making waffles in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe you have daffodils blooming... Really?? It seems so early. Enjoy the snow! Your house looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful in your garden friend and baby looks like she is having a blast!! And yes snow days are the best! Sounds like you all did it up right!!!! We got some more today as well and I plan on wearing the beans out tomorrow morning with a good romp in the snow! Hope you were able to make it to the wedding! And yes...better safe than sorry for the party...take care friend! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved walking through the snow in your photos Mindy! Just talking about how we used to love being out in the beautiful quiet peace of freshly falling snowflakes! Your children will have wonderful memories too! xo, Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's starting to ice here right now and my kids are hoping for a snow day - sadly for them I will be feeding them leftovers and canned fruit since someone didn't plan so well for this possibility.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover