Thursday, December 1, 2016

2016 DIY Christmas Gift #1



STOP
This is a Christmas gift post.
You are not permitted to go any further if you plan on receiving a present from me this year.
Walk away.


Now that we have that covered, let's proceed, shall we?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

If you've been around these parts for awhile, you know I make something for my niece and nephew every year for Christmas.
Some years, I have it all figured out by November.
Others, I'm scrambling and Pinterest scrolling, desperately trying to come up with an idea.


I made my niece an apron three years ago.  
She was a tiny little peanut and it no longer fits her.
She will be receiving a new one this year.
Let the sewing machine extravaganza commence.


I have a stash of old sheets and pillowcases that are so dang cute, so I decided to bust them out for this project.
I couldn't decide which one to do, so I made two.
This is numero uno.





Isn't the fabric so sweet?!
I brought in the metal dress form plant holder to use as my Fir Lady this Christmas and she turned out to be the perfect size for the cute little aprons.







This is the other one that I was torn between.
I think I'll end up wrapping it up for The Girl.





Gah, I am SO obsessed with that fabric.







So those are the two kid-sized aprons.
I decided to bust out a couple more for two of my adult gifts.
I went the half version route for these.
Muuuch simpler.
Here's a link to a tutorial on a basic one, if you're interested.
I didn't follow it exactly, but it's a great starting point for beginners.



My Fir Lady was in transition, so it makes them look a little frumpy, but you get the idea.
I guess I should have ironed them before taking pictures, too.
Oh well.




This is the second one.




Gah, sorry it's so wrinkled.
I shall iron it before gifting it.  ;)




The hardest part about them is picking out the fabric and coordinating trim.
There are SO many choices!
I seriously wanted to just keep making them.
So there ya go.  
The first homemade Christmas gifts at our house this year.
Are you busting out your sewing machine this month?







3 comments:

  1. super cute. I love all of them but the birds are my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veruy Nice! I cant wait to see your christmas decoratiosn this year, I love how look your home in this holidays.

    Grettings from Venezuela

    Veronica._

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love 'em all! I have a thang for aprons. Maybe next year I'll learn to make my own!
    You're one talented chick.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover