Tuesday, December 2, 2014

This Year's Ornaments (2014): Part 2

STOP
No family reading beyond this point.
Stop scrolling and walk away.


So I started making these before I made the car ornaments, but I ran out of heads.  And you know how much I LOVE leaving the house for supplies.
I'm pretty sure I first saw a version of them on Etsy a few years ago.  I thought they were super cute, so I decided I'd attempt to recreate them.


The fabric and felt for their hats and scarves were in a random craft bag from my neighbor.
The pinecones were in my stash, as well as the three biggest wooden heads.
The three little ones are wooden beads that I stole from another neighbor.
I used hot glue for attaching everything.
I sewed on little bells to the tops of their hats, as well as some twine for hanging, and black craft paint for eyes.
Done and done.

Here they are on the tree:














I've seen versions of them holding things, like a present, or a snowflake, or a Christmas tree, and I tried holding a few things up to see how it looked, but I decided I liked them best just plain.
We're going minimalist this year.  
Forget I said that when I get around to posting pictures of the house.



5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Could these be any cuter!?!
    You are one crafty girl. Where do you find the time to do all these things? I can hardly remember to eat during the Holidays because I'm so busy. I'm hoping that I can find more time this year to share . . . like you.
    Thanks for sharing your super cute ornaments!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are super cute! Can't wait to see your house all decorated for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable!!!! PINNING right now!!!! Happy week you! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super duper adorable, Mindy! I love this idea and it's seems simple, which I love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE these. Seriously Mindy, you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover