Monday, December 29, 2014

Wooden Peg People

Well, we made it through another December.  Almost.  Sort of. Our house is still going.  We still have birthday and Christmas celebrations on the calendar for the next two days as I type this. And the spoiled rotten Dad got a Rose Bowl ticket for Christmas, so he's road trippin' it with The Boys to go watch his beloved Ducks play on the 1st. Which means the single mom gig for me again for a few days.  But I think once we're deep into the first week of January, things will slow down for a minute.  I'm anxious to do the after-Christmas purge.  Room by room, starting with the kids.  I'm not looking forward to the job of packing up all the decorations, but I do LOVE that feeling of a fresh clean house, that always seems wonderfully sparse after the holidays.  And it's always fun to find homes for the new things I unwrapped.  Like new sheets.  I can not WAIT to put my new sheets on the bed.


You got a sneak peak of these little people the other day in my Merry Christmas post.  
I had done a version a couple years ago for my niece, that you can see here, and thought it would be fun to paint a set for Baby for Christmas.  The ones I had done before were made out of wooden flower pots and balls, and were quite a bit bigger.  These are all one piece that I bought as actual wooden peg dolls in the craft section of Joann's.


Rather than just painting random people, I decided to do our family.  
I had two of the smaller sizes left over, and was going to do The Dog and The Cat, but decided I didn't trust my painting skills enough to pull that off, so I did two of her cousins instead.

So here is The Mom, The Dad, The Kid, The Girl, Baby, Cousin Lucas, and Cousin Lylah.


They sell little wooden knobber dobbers that I was going to glue on as a bun for my hair, since it's ALWAYS pulled back like that, but they were out both times I was in the store, so I gave myself a ponytail instead.

So here we have, yours truly, The Mom.




The Dad.




The Kid.



The Girl.



Baby.



Cousin Lucas and Cousin Lylah.



I didn't notice until I was looking at these photos, but Lucas' eyes are kinda wonky.
I may need to go back and fix that.






And there ya go, a family of peg people.



5 comments:

  1. Hey Buddy! These are awesome!! Hands down just fantastic! They remind me of a set of fairies my grandmother had when we were little...they were wooden peg people like these with felt flower skirts around the middle...and she had a piece of wood with 6 holes in it that they all fit into. These people actually look like your family!! Insane! You did such an outstanding job on these!!! Happy day and happy New Years to ya! I am with you by the way on the fresh clean house thing! Take care you! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little family. I bet your kids love these. I hope you're enjoying your single-mom status. Go Ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya, I’m really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossip and net stuff and this is actually annoying. A good web site with exciting content, that is what I need. Thanks for making this web site, and I will be visiting again. Do you do newsletters by email?
    darood e pak

    ReplyDelete
  4. เป็นบริษัทกำจัดปลวกเชียงใหม่ ฉีดปลวกเชียงใหม่ราคาถูก เน้นความคุ้มค่า เพื่อลดค่าใช้จ่ายของลูกค้า. มีขั้นตอนการฉีดปลวกเหมือนกับบริษัทใหญ่ราคาแพง.เรารับงานทุกตำบล ทุกอำเภอ ในเชียงใหม่ , อำเภอเมืองเชียงใหม่ , ศรีภูมิ , พระสิงห์ , หายยา , ช้างม่อย , ช้างคลาน , วัดเกต , ช้างเผือก , สุเทพ , แม่เหียะ , ป่าแดด , หนองหอย , ท่าศาลา , หนองป่าครั่ง , ฟ้าฮ่าม , ป่าตัน , สันผีเสื้อ , อำเภอจอมทอง , อำเภอเชียงดาว , อำเภอดอยสะเก็ด , อำเภอแม่ริม , อำเภอสะเมิง , อำเภอฝาง , อำเภอแม่อาย , อำเภอพร้าว , อำเภอสันป่าตอง , อำเภอสันกำแพง , อำเภอสันทราย , สันทรายหลวง , สันทรายน้อย , สันพระเนตร , สันนาเม็ง , สันป่าเปา , หนองแหย่ง , หนองจ๊อม , หนองหาร , แม่แฝก , แม่แฝกใหม่ , เมืองเล็น , ป่าไผ่ , อำเภอหางดง , หางดง , หนองแก๋ว , หารแก้ว , หนองตอง , ขุนคง , สบแม่ข่า , บ้านแหวน , สันผักหวาน , หนองควาย , บ้านปง , น้ำแพร่ , อำเภอฮอด , อำเภอดอยเต่า , อำเภออมก๋อย , อำเภอเวียงแหง , อำเภอไชยปราการ , อำเภอแม่วาง , อำเภอแม่ออน , อำเภอดอยหล่อ , อำเภอกัลยาณิวัฒนา , ฉีดปลวกเชียงใหม่

    ReplyDelete
  5. กำจัดปลวกขอนแก่น ( khonkaen termite ) เป็นบริษัทกำจัดปลวกขอนแก่น ฉีดปลวกขอนแก่นราคาถูก เน้นความคุ้มค่า เพื่อลดค่าใช้จ่ายของลูกค้า. มีขั้นตอนการฉีดปลวกเหมือนกับบริษัทใหญ่ราคาแพง. ฉีดปลวกขอนแก่นบ้านเดี่ยวราคา

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover