Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Kool-Aid Eggs

We got our eggs dyed yesterday.  I came across the idea for using Kool-Aid here.  And yes, I totally ripped off her idea.  It's genius.  And cheap.  The packets were .10 cents each, so I bought 12 of them, thinking I could mix some to get custom colors.  Don't bother.  Let me save you some time and about .70 cents.  Don't buy grape.  It does NOT make a purple egg.  Do not attempt to mix Cherry and Blue Raspberry.  It does not create purple.  Buy these flavors:  Blue Raspberry for blue, Cherry or Strawberry for red, Black Cherry for dark red, Orange for orange,  Lemon-Lime for green.  Those colors turned out really pretty.  The rest were either too light or too brown.  All the flavors I mixed together also turned a reddish-brownish color.  Put one Kool-Aid packet  in a bowl with 2/3 cup of water.  You don't need vinegar with this.  The packet has all the citric acid you'd ever need.  And the bonus....it smells really good! 

Here's the goods:
















3 comments:

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover