Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring Bling

I'm officially smack dab in the middle of spring cleaning mode.  Which is less cleaning than it is rearranging.  It started with the project in The Girl's room.  Then for three days, everything except large pieces of furniture has been picked up and moved from one room to another, and back again, dozens of times.  I've drug things out that I haven't seen in years.  No room was safe from my frenzy.  Which means every room in the house was in a disarray all at the same time.  What a disaster.  But I think I'm finally nearing the end of it.  By the way, The Girl's room is almost ready for it's photo op.  I have one more thing to do, but I've been waiting for the weekend to get The Dad's help.  By next week, I should have some pictures on here.

I'll give a snapshot view of a few of the places that experienced my crazy.

The living room has had plants swapped in and out, tabletops rearranged, bookshelves switched around and I went after the mantel as well:



I still haven't decided what to put on the coffee table. 




You know that thing I have for birds?  I kinda have the same thing for green glass:


Yes, it's a cowbell.  I gave it to The Dad for our anniversary.  Because everyone needs more cowbell in their life.









Every time I look at this one, in my head I hear Dr. Suess:  "This one has a little star, say, what a lot of fish there are."  Maybe I shouldn't admit that.












Onto the original hallway.  You can see how often I've changed things in this small space by the amount of nail holes in the wall.  The last thing I had here hid them.  Now I need to bust out the spackle and hall paint:


Fancy doorbell isn't it?


To get your bearings, our bedroom is on the left, the other doorway on the right leads down the hall.


More of my glass insulators.  I LOVE them.


Even The Dad's dresser didn't escape my wrath redecorating:





The tiny wall to the right of the bathroom door:






The wine cabinet in the dining room:









And last, but not least, the kitchen wall I was complaining about.  I added a few things to try and balance it out a bit, including a wall pocket to corral The Dad's mail.  I'm not sure if it's set in stone, but I'll live with it for a couple days before deciding.  Besides, that's where the fridge is gonna go anyway, right?



Here it is:









So that's what I've been up to.  It's like getting all new stuff.  But cheaper!  





8 comments:

  1. I love it all. :) Your green glass is so neat - love it on the mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your green glass collection! You have a lovely home!

    www.firsthomelovelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful home. I love the green glass.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the kitchen wall!! It looks amazing! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover