Thursday, April 21, 2011

Nutella and Fruit Triangles

I made my Tiropitas today for our Easter dinner.  I assembled them and stuck them in the freezer without cooking them, so I'll post about them later.  The point is, I ran out of filling and still had phyllo dough left.  Not enough to refreeze, but enough that I didn't want to just dump it in the trash.  So I stood there for a minute trying to come up with something. 


This is what I came up with:


Nutella, strawberries and bananas.


My dough was already cut, so I layed one piece out, brushed it with melted butter, put another piece on and brushed it with more butter.  Then I put about a tablespoon of Nutella at one end.




Then I added diced strawberries and bananas.




Then I folded them into triangles.




I put them on a baking sheet, brushed the outsides with more melted butter and baked them at 350 for about 15 minutes. 





I let them cool on the baking sheet before trying to move them.  They are now on a plate covered with plastic wrap waiting to jump into my mouth after dinner.  If I hadn't been baking for three days straight, I wouldn't have had that kind of will power.

1 comment:

  1. Ok - Yum! I am always looking for new recipes using Nutella. My daughter will devour these.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover